The World Economic Forum (WEF) Global Shapers is a network of young leaders who have come together under the banner of the WEF in order to generate a positive impact in their society. For the youth of today, leaders of tomorrow are committed to improving the state of their communities. The WEF Global Shapers Jaipur Hub is a dynamic platform for leadership capacity building that engages young community leaders to address socio-economic challenges within their communities. Unlike organizations that expect quality and sustainable leadership without investing and grooming young leaders; we are pragmatic and proactive in our approach.
We are pleased to inform you that applications are now open to join the Jaipur Hub Global Shapers.
Please read the following document carefully in order to find out how to apply and to understand the role, responsibilities and implications of a successful application.
You are between 18 and 27yrs of age. You agree to pay the said membership application fee to allow your prospective candidature be considered. Failing to pay the membership fee withing one week automatically discards your application.
I have applied to be a Global Shaper previously and was not selected. Should I apply again?
Absolutely. Shapers are often selected in accordance with each Hub’s need and focus, which vary from year to year. Also, we seek to diversify the composition of the Hub to the greatest extent according to projects, stakeholder group, expertise and gender. There are several reasons why an application may have been unsuccessful earlier. You are no less awesome 😃
Will I receive feedback if I’m not selected?
Unfortunately, we lack the capacity to provide individualized feedback for unsuccessful candidates.
What is my responsibility as a Global Shaper once selected?
The mission of the Global Shapers Community (GSC) is to build a global community of young people who are committed to improving the state of the world.
As a Shaper you agree to serve as a member of the World Economic Forum Global Shapers Community in Jaipur, subject to an initial three-month trial period. I will not publicly identify myself as a Global Shaper until a time so agreed by the World Economic Forum.
As part of my responsibilities as a GSC member, I pledge to:
- adhere to the strongest principles of moral and intellectual integrity. make all efforts to be involved and participate in Jaipur Global Shaper Hub activities.
- contribute an average of eight hours a month of my time or more to the hub, to include actively and regularly engage in the hub’s events including service projects, speakers and presentations, and general hub meetings and gatherings.
- attend 75% of all monthly hub and project meetings (if attendance falls below 50% of meetings, continued membership in Jaipur hub will be under review).
- engage in one global initiative developed by the Global Shapers headquarters in Geneva.
- work in good faith with other Jaipur GSC members as partners towards achievement of Jaipur GSC hub’s set goals.
- adhere to the principle that the Shapers community is impartial, independent and tied to no political, ideological or partisan interests, except for being a young entrepreneurial voice in shaping the future.